- Friday’s Faces from the Past: The William Roberts Family
- Sibling Saturday: John W. Roberts, George Lucas Roberts, and Isaac H. Roberts
- Mystery Monday: Who is with Clara Shrader Roberts?
- Family Friends Friday: From the Lloyd Roberts Family Photo Collection
- Sorting Saturday: More From the Lloyd Roberts Family Photo Collection
- Sentimental Sunday: FANs in the Lloyd Roberts Family Photo Collection
- Those Places Thursday: Isaac H. Roberts and a Move to Kansas
- Talented Tuesday: George Lucas Roberts
- Friday’s Faces from the Past: The Harlan Family
Roberts Family (Click for Family Tree)
Thankfully someone noted the names of these two lovely ladies on this photo. We know that Clara Shrader married Isaac Henry Roberts, the son of William Roberts and Sarah (Christie) Roberts. The mystery is Eva Bennett.
Clara’s mother was Mary Ann (Bennett) Shrader. Could Eva be Mary Ann’s sister, and therefore Clara’s aunt? They look to be of similar ages, though it was possible within large families for young aunts and uncles to happen.
Another possibility is that since Eva’s last name is Bennett, she could be the daughter of a brother of Mary Ann (Bennett) Schrader. That would make Clara and Eva first cousins.
Finding siblings of Mary Ann Bennett has been unsuccessful thus far. Her parents were Harry Bennett and Elizabeth Basone per Mary Ann’s death certificate.
Just to add to the mystery, here is another photo that was in with the family collection. It is labeled, thankfully.
If you know any more than this small amount about Eva Bennett, Charley Bennett, or Mary Ann (Bennett) Shrader, please contact us using our form or leave a comment.
Notes, Sources, and References:
- William Roberts Family Photo Album.
Please contact us if you would like higher resolution images. Click to enlarge images.We would love to read your thoughts and comments about this post (see form below), and thank you for your time! All comments are moderated, however, due to the high intelligence and persistence of spammers/hackers who really should be putting their smarts to use for the public good instead of spamming our little blog.