- Treasure Chest Thursday: The Springsteen Family Bible
- Friday’s Faces from the Past: The Springsteen Family Bible- Family Portraits
- Amanuensis Monday: Births from the Springsteen Family Bible
- Wedding Wednesday: Marriages from the Springsteen Family Bible
- Funeral Card Friday: Deaths from the Springsteen Family Bible
- Sorting Saturday: Memoranda from the Springsteen Family Bible
- Mystery Monday: Mary G. (Springsteen) Mythen
- Wedding Wednesday: Anna M. Beerbower and Edgar Peter Beerbower in the Springsteen Family Bible
Springsteen Family (Click for Family Tree)
We believe the Springsteen Family Bible was owned by Anna Missouri (Springsteen) Beerbower (1854-1939), who married Edgar Peter Beerbower (1849-1916) on 12 February 1873 in Indianapolis, Indiana. Their first child was born in 1874, and the second in 1876. Perhaps the bible was a gift from Anna’s parents to celebrate, and record, the births, marriages, and deaths in the new family, since it was printed in 1876.
The bible was passed down to Anna’s daughter, Anna May (Beerbower) Helbling, and then to Mary Theresa (Helbling) McMurray.
This and upcoming posts on the Springsteen family bible are based on black and white copies of the pertinent family pages, copied probably back in the 1970s. Please excuse the poor quality of the images.
More to come this week and next with all the family record pages from the Springsteen Family Bible.
Notes, Sources, and References:
- Family treasure chest.
Please contact us if you would like higher resolution images. Click to enlarge images.We would love to read your thoughts and comments about this post (see form below), and thank you for your time! All comments are moderated, however, due to the high intelligence and persistence of spammers/hackers who really should be putting their smarts to use for the public good instead of spamming our little blog.