- Friday’s Faces from the Past: 1937 Broida Reunion, Youngstown, Ohio
- Sentimental Sunday: 1937 Broida Family Reunion
- Matrilineal Monday: 1938 Broida Memorials
- Treasure Chest Thursday: 1934-6 Broida Reunion Announcements
The Broida family of Ohio, Pennsylvania, and elsewhere held regular reunions back in the 1930s-50s. They had a dedicated group of volunteers who planned fun reunions that everyone looked forward to, and some traveled long distances to attend. There were even newsletters produced for all the family- we have already posted the 1937 Broida Reunion News.
Announcements of the reunions were posted in The Jewish Criterion in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and possibly other newspapers. This post includes the three earliest we have found.
Notes, Sources, and References:
1) The Pittsburgh Jewish Criterion and other newspapers are available at the Pittsburgh Jewish Newspaper Project, available to search at http://digitalcollections.library.cmu.edu/pjn/index.jsp. The Congregation has kindly given us permission to post articles, and hopes that others will avail themselves of this wonderful resource to give life to their ancestors and their communities. Specific citations are included with images.
2) Sentimental Sunday: 1937 Broida Family Reunion: http://heritageramblings.net/2014/08/17/sentimental-sunday-1937-broida-family-reunion/.
Please contact us if you would like higher resolution images. Click to enlarge images.We would love to read your thoughts and comments about this post (see form below), and thank you for your time! All comments are moderated, however, due to the high intelligence and persistence of spammers/hackers who really should be putting their smarts to use for the public good instead of spamming our little blog.