- Sentimental Sunday- Murrell Family Bible, Part 1
- Sentimental Sunday: Murrell Family Bible, Part 2
- Mystery Monday- Murrell Family Bible, Part 3
- Tombstone Tuesday- WA Murrell and The Murrell Family Bible, Part 4
- Wordless Wednesday- The Murrell Family Bible, Part 5
- “A Maine Law Wanted”- Murrell Family Bible, Part 6
There are several mysteries that have to do with this Murrell Family Bible, but one of them has been solved- that is the details about Mary M. Hontz and her family. (More on that in a future post.) We still do not know when this bible was printed or purchased (see Sentimental Sunday- Murrell Family Bible, Part 2). Even more vexing is the origin of Wiley Anderson Murrell and his parents- there are many various thoughts among researchers but no proof (yet).
Here is a transcription of this entry:
Was Married to
Mary M Huntz
in the year of
Our Lord March
the 10. 1834
Their first child married in 1857, but it is curious that none of these marriage events have been added to the bible.
Notes, Sources, and References:
1) Murrell Family Bible, possibly c1845.
Please contact us if you would like a higher resolution image.
Copyright 2014 by Heritage Ramblings Blog and pmm.We would love to read your thoughts and comments about this post, and thank you for your time! All comments are moderated, however, due to the high intelligence and persistence of spammers/hackers who really should be putting their smarts to use for the public good instead of spamming our little blog.